Sunday, February 22, 2009

Most of the advice on this site was very informative. There were many things on this site that I did not know about cover letters. Probably the biggest was that when you are writing a cover letter, you are not selling yourself. You are selling what you can do for your customers. This makes a lot of since because employers don't care really about you they just want you to be able to give what the customer wants.
The fact about most employers reading the resume first was surprising to me. But it does make since; why should they waste their time reading a letter if the applicant doesn't have the credentials needed for the job.
I also did not know that applicants should kind of like a deadline on their cover letter. That if they aren't contacted by this date then they will contact the employer. Again though this makes since that employers are so busy that if the applicant wants the job they should make the effort to contact them. I thought this was a helpful site and I will be using it to write my cover letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment